I have an easel Christmas card to share with you today. When the card is standing, you can put a small votif candle (battery operated) behind it to make it glow. This is a really simple card that looks like you put a lot of work in it.
Can you see the glow behind the ornament?
This is what the card looks like from the side. You can just see the votif behind the circle.
What is really great about this card is that it folds flat and fits into an A2 envelope. It can be mailed in regular mail.
Here are the supplies you will need to make the card.
- Base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- 1 piece of Fresh Forest cut at 5 1/2″ x 41/4″.
- 2 pieces of Printed Paper cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Use the circle dies to cut a circle from the piece of base CS on the side that is scored. The Fresh Forest piece and 1 piece of the Printed Paper. Make sure these circles line up.
- 1 piece of vellum cut at 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″. This will be glued between the FF CS and the Printed Paper…to cover the circle.
- The ornament is glued directly onto the vellum.
- Put adhesive on the base CS on the bottom 1/2 of the scored section. Next line up the FF CS to the bottom piece of base CS with the adhesive on it.
- Add your ribbon using Glue Dots. adhere the Berries and Holly.
- Stamp Merry Christmas in Fresh Forest ink on a piece of Whisper White CS cut at 1 3/4″ x 4″. That’s it! 🙂
I made another card using the Snowflake die. Same directions but I used the hexagon dies instead of the circle dies.
We have a GREAT special this month! So excited that the Pan Pastels are included in the Media Mix special! But there are so many other great products on sale this month. Check out the brochure below and get these items while they are 20% off!!!
Thanks again for stopping by today. Also, if you haven’t already, please subscribe so that you will get notice of all new posts.
Creating Awesomeness Everyday!!