I LOVE a PEACH BLOSSOM

Getting involved in the Can You case It? challenges has been such a great experience.  If you have not participated in stamping challenges you should give it a try.  There are a lot of sites that put great challenges out there.  I like participating because of the direction the challenge leads me, whether it is a sketch, color, or theme challenge. Today I am posting a card I did for two different challenges.  I LOVE the colors for Watercooler Wednesday, and I really liked the sketch challenge from Freshlymadesketches. WWC81 - Gail's Color ChallengeFreshly Made sketches 250 I submitted two cards for the WWC81 challenge! For my card I used a new favorite set of mine called Peach Blossom (SS-0342) pg 52.
Peach Blossom Splash

Peach Blossom Splash

I used the technique FSJ coaches are calling Watercolor Splash.  I love this technique because not only is it quick and easy but beautiful. Here's how you do it.  Spray Orange Rave, Sour Lemon, Outrageous Pink Splashes onto a clear sheet of acetate.  Keep your colors close, but not on top of each other.  Spritz a little water on top of the colors.  Take your CS and put it on top of the colors, squishing and mixing all together.  That's it.  You may have to blot your colors with a paper towel and hit with the heat gun if in a hurry.  For the flowers I stamped the peach blossom in Black Licorice on CS,and did the same thing.  I did several flowers and they all look different. I also added our Journey Gold, and Orange Rave silks to the background. (see close up below) peach supplies These are the bottles of Splashes and silks that I used to create the colors in the background and the flower.  I did several sheets of watercolor paper at one time. PEACH WCW CLOSE BACK Other products I used: Journey Rectangle and Circle dies with perforations, pg 254, Journey Black Twine, pg 311, and for the sentiment...Tickled Pink (SS-0265), pg 170. I did a couple of other cards using the same technique, colors, and stamp set.  They all look a little different.Which is your favorite? I also submitted this card to the WatercoolerWednesday challenge.  🙂
Peach Blossom

Peach Blossom

Peach Blossom

Peach Blossom

You can see how different all three cards look even though the backgrounds, flowers, and leaves were inked at the same time.  Hope you enjoyed my cards. Happy Stamping, Char

22 Responses to “I LOVE a PEACH BLOSSOM”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Carol Couch says:

Love all three versions of this card. Very nicely done Miss Char

2. Gail Allen says:

What a fun technique – and gorgeous colours you have matched to my Colour Challenge. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

3. Marsha Reed says:

Lovely card, Char! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

4. Heidi Weaver says:

Hi Char, what a lovely combination of the two challenges! I am definitely going to try that Watercolor Splash technique. Your background is as stunning as the rest of your card. Which of your creations do I like best? Number two probably wins by a hair. All three are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

5. Char, I really like how you took the Watercolour Splash technique and ran with it. This is such a beautiful card. and I like all the elements of it including the sketch challenge you used to showcase this flower. Thanks for joining us over at the Watercooler this week.

6. Char I really like all three versions of your card. Each one is stepped up to another level and it looks like you had a lot of enjoyment making them. Simply beautiful – all of them and definitely all of them stand out as favourites but I think # one just appealed to me a smidge more because I liked the whole layout of the card and the sentiment. Awesome!

7. debsmart says:

Wow – I love all 3 versions you created, Char. I have to admit that I’m drawn to the darker, more dramatic 1st card, but all are outstanding. The backgrounds are beautiful. So glad that you’ve joined our Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week. ~Deborah

8. Rose Curtis says:

Very pretty Char!

9. Can’t choose a favorite as I like all of them! Pretty.

10. karrenj says:

Beautiful cards! The watercolor background looks gorgeous and I love that flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

11. Heidi Weaver says:

Congratulations, Char, for your Honourable Mention with the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.