This Easel Card project is one of he very first cards I made when I began my Fun Stampers Journey. I always wanted to do easel cards but had never tried one. For some reason, I thought they would be complicated, but I could not have been more WRONG!!!! Let me show you!!!
Alrighty then, I will lay the steps of this project out for you in a way that is easy to understand…..I hope!!!!
- You will need 1- 4 1/4 x 11″ and 1- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ piece of Lavender Fusion cardstock. 1 piece of Limeade Splash at 3 1/8 x 3 1/8 ( post it note) and 1 piece at 3 1/8 x 2 3/8 for calendar). 2 pieces of Brights 12 x 12 paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Cut 8 1/2 x 11″ Lavender Fusion CS to 4 1/4 x 11″. Score at 5 1/2 and at 8 1/4″. (Basically, you are scoring this piece in half and then in half again.
3. After the 4 1/4 x 11″ is scored fold it so that it looks like the picture below.
4. Adhere the brights paper to the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Lavender Fusion CS. This is a good time to decorate with embellishments, flowers, butterflies,etc. ,while you can still lay it flat on a work surface.
Around the edges of the flowers I used a sponge, and Grape Fusion Ink to add dimension. For the leaves I also used a sponge and Limeade Splash around the edges and folded the leaves in half.
5. This step is VERY Important! Place adhesive only on one half of the scored cardstock. See picture.
6. Now add the stamped and decorated piece from step 5 to the section above with adhesive on it. Line up the bottom edges of CS .
7. Before you add the piece of 3 1/8 x 3 1/8″ Limeade Splash CS to the card, cut a small piece of CS (1/2″ x 3″), or a piece of ribbon. This will go under the left edge of the piece of Limeade Splash CS for the pen or pencil to slip through. ** curl the small strip of CS with your Crease tool before adhering it under the post it note.
Add the post it note holder last.
That’s it. Ready to share. This card will fold flat so that it fits a standard size envelope and can be mailed.
Fun Stampers Journey Supplies Used:
Flower Layers Die DI-0067
Cardstock, Paper, Ink:
Lavender Fusion CS-0017
Grape Fusion IP-0006
Limeade Splash CS-0020, IP-0019
12 x 12 Brights Paper pack PP-0014
Journey Sequins Pink World AC-0112
Journey Paper Trimmer TO-0039
Crease Tool TO-0040
Easy Glide Adhesive AD-0082
Journey Craft Glue AD-0111
Non Fun Stamper Journey Supplies
I found the pens on Amazon……Pro Max Petites, Assorted Colored Ink, 8 Count
I found the calendars at Taylored Expressions
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope these direction are clear enough to understand. If not, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to give a better explanation. 🙂